JVN BEARINGS FZE
Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates.
- Adapter Sleeves are components used to facilitate mounting of bearings with a tapered bore such as Taper Roller Bearings, Self-Aligning Ball Bearings, Spherical Roller Bearings, and Cylindrical Roller Bearings, on plain shafts or stepped shafts.
- On a smooth plain shaft, the bearing can be located at any position on the shaft.
- On a stepped shaft together with an L-shaped spacer ring, the bearing can be accurately positioned axially.
- It enables easy mounting and dismounting of Bearings
- Withdrawal sleeves can be used to mount bearings with a tapered bore onto the cylindrical seat of stepped shafts.
- The sleeve is pressed into the bore of the bearing inner ring, which abuts a shaft shoulder or similar fixed component.
- The sleeve is located on the shaft by a nut or an end plate. KM or HM lock nuts (Lock nuts requiring a keyway) with appropriate locking devices are suitable.
Applications of Adapter Sleeves / Withdrawal Sleeves
Adapter sleeves are mainly used in machinery, printing and dyeing, papermaking, chemical, aerospace, coal, petroleum, automotive, engineering machinery, steel industry, mining industry, cement industry, metallurgical and other industries.
What is the difference between an Adapter Sleeve and a Withdrawal Sleeve?
Can be mounted on smooth plain shafts & stepped shafts.
Can be mounted on stepped shafts.
Located at any position on the shaft with the help of washer and locknut.
Located on the shaft against an abutment by a nut or an end plate.
Used for Easy Installation of bearings.
Used for Easy Removal of Bearings.
Easier to mount in comparison to withdrawal sleeves
Difficult to mount in comparison to adapter sleeves.
collected all the bearing series blogs, which is found as a useful reference material .
you may arrange to brings as a booklet in PDF format which will be useful for the
future generations also.
with kind regards,
16 06 2022.
Thank you for the feedback, Mr Dorai.
Writing the blog posts is quite fun.
Will work on making a comprehensive PDF when we get time.